Friday, June 18, 2010

Pros and cons of digital portfolios

As I was working on creating a website (google sites) for my professional portfolio I realized how much work and effort I put into it. I'll tell you it was a lot of work! I wasn't sure exactly how it was supposed to look so I took a lot of time with it. The other types of portfolios from Plaxo and LinkeIn were somewhat easier to handle as they resembled something like Facebook. However, with your own website you can design it however you like because it's YOURS. Creating your own website takes some informal training, but you can make it public to the whole world wide web. The other sites are only visible to those who have an account, but they seem to be a lot easier to create. Of the three I really like Plaxo because it directed me through all the steps and is very user-friendly. The biggest advantage of using any digital portfolio is that it is accessbile to more people at any time because it's on the web. Creating this portfolio was something new and overall I enjoyed the experience! If you want to check out my website click the link below.
https://sites.google.com/site/dianasdigitalportfolio/home

No comments:

Post a Comment